Three-Day Workshop at CWEA’s 2020 Annual Conference
You can register just for this workshop, includes lunch each day.
CWEA Annual Conference
Reno Convention Center & Atlantis Hotel Casino Spa
Tuesday March 31st to Thursday April 2nd
CA-NV AWWA or CWEA Member: $450 Early Bird 2/14/20, $550 Saver, $620 Full Rate
Non Member: $642 Early Bird 2/14/20, $742 Saver, $812 Full Rate
Workshop includes buffet lunch each day, Tuesday Icebreaker Reception, and Exhibit Hall on Wednesday and Thursday. This three-day workshop will introduce advanced water treatment and the processes associated with this type of wastewater reuse. It will outline and explain the technologies associated with advanced water treatment and explain the critical control points associated with the technologies.
- TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1, 8:50 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 8:50 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The workshop will include hands-on activities associated with the treatment trains and group discussions concerning the technologies involved with treating wastewater to drinking water quality. Everyone is welcome.
Dr. John Rowe, California State University Sacramento
- Process Engineer, Office of Water Programs, California State University, Sacramento, 2017–present
- Professor of Water Resources, Coastal Pines Technical College, Waycross, Georgia, 2000-2013
- Professor of Water Resources, Florida Gateway College, Lake City, Florida, 2000-2013
- Project Manager for CH2M Hill and OMI
- Project Manager for Water Treatment Operations, Live Oak, Florida
- Project Manager for Wastewater Treatment Operations, Live Oak, Florida
- Public Works Director for CH2M Hill project in Live Oak, Florida
Who should attend
- Experienced water treatment and wastewater operators who want to increase their knowledge and/or apply for AWTO™ certification (to apply for AWT3™ certification, candidates must hold a grade 3 or higher water treatment or wastewater operator certification)
- Journey level and early-career water treatment and wastewater operators who want to work at an Advanced Water Treatment Facility (AWTF)
- Engineers who would like to learn more about advanced technology
- Operations managers
- Project managers
AWTO Operator Certification
This course can support your preparation for Advanced Water Treatment Operator™ certification. Attending a class is only one part of exam preparation. For details on the AWTO certification and the KSAs you’ll need to know. Be sure to download the AWTO candidate handbook.